is to receive, store and ship
our customer’s products
at less cost and better than they can do it for themselves.
This will be done by acting as their partners
and as if we are part of their company.
We will work for their success
so we also can be successful.
We will, at all times,
conduct ourselves with integrity
and seek to balance
the satisfaction of the needs of our customers,
associates, owners, suppliers,
and the community.
I. PERSONAL VALUES OF PEOPLE WE WISH TO BE MEMBERS OF HCS
- Honesty with both self and others in all matters.
- 100% accountability for all aspects of responsibilities.
- Win-Win is the basis for all interactions with others.
- Have fun – without it life/work isn’t worth the trip.
- No office politics.
- Dedication to improvement of self and job. Always give your best.
- Disagreements are resolved in a direct professional manner (like lawyers) without personal animosity or personal attacks of any kind.
- Spend 80% of time on solutions/future not problems/past.
- Attack solutions not people.
- A positive attitude breeds teamwork
II. LEADERSHIP VALUES OF MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS WE WISH TO JOIN HCS
- Leadership is a sacred trust.
- Leadership is only effective by example.
- Respect is earned not demanded
- There is no substitute for dedication and 100% commitment.
- Assets are managed – people are lead.
- Clear sincere communication is an essential to good leadership. True listening is the first step to good communication.
- Leaders build teamwork and trust with supervisors, peers, and subordinates alike.
- A leader ensures his department causes no surprises.
- People deserve to have a say in those things which affect them directly (Participative Leadership Style).
- A leader is willing to risk.
III. ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES
- HCS is a customer driven company. Without a customer we do not exist.
- Sense of Urgency. Improvement and innovation are essentials for future success.
- People are our greatest strength. Consistency and fairness support this strength.
- We will promote from within wherever possible.
- Personal growth in an individual is a natural state of living. We acknowledge and support success, teamwork and integrity in others.
- People require the freedom to take tolerable risks.
- Every person deserves a support network to help ensure their success.
- Errors of commission are understandable – Errors of omission are not.
- We are a caring and people oriented organization – we respond to all people problems within 24 hours (Internal and External).
- Our objective is to ensure a comprehensive fit between the needs/objectives of the corporation and those of the individual.
- Our objective is to be a good corporate citizen founded on a carefully selected group of individual citizens.
- Financial survival is a necessity.